Forex News Roundup for 29 March 2023
- The annualized rate of Australian CPI (inflation) has decreased from 7.4% to 6.8%, which is a significant decline and exceeds the projected figure of 7.2%. The Australian Dollar experienced a slight decline after the announcement since this may reduce the anticipated requirement for rate increases by the RBA.
- Numerous commodities, including WTI Crude Oil, are performing impressively, while the Sugar ETF CANE has attained its highest price in several years.
- BOJ Deputy Governor Shinichi Uchida has indicated that some modifications to the yield curve strategy “may be necessary” if “various conditions are met.”
- Canada experienced a budget deficit of 6.44B CAD during the first ten months of the 2022-2023 fiscal year, a decrease from the 75.29B CAD deficit reported in the same period last year.
- In February, Australia’s inflation rate declined from 7.4% to an eight-month low of 6.8%, resulting in the RBA halting rate hikes.
- The yield on the 2-year U.S. Treasury note rose above 4%, putting pressure on the U.S. tech industry.
- The U.S. goods-trade deficit increased by 0.6% m/m in February to $91.6B, the highest level since October, due to a larger decline in the value of exports than imports.
- Consumer confidence, as measured by the U.S. CB, surprisingly increased from 103.4 to 104.2 in March, but indicated that consumers are reducing spending on non-essential items such as amusement parks, lotteries, and dining out.
- “The banking crisis is not over yet,” cautioned President Biden.
- The US CB’s release of Consumer Confidence data yesterday indicated that consumer confidence in the United States was higher than anticipated.
Forex News Roundup for 18th July, 2023
Reports from Reuters highlight that the US dollar is at its lowest in one year,…
Forex News Roundup for 13th July, 2023
The market awaits the release of the United States' Consumer Price Index (CPI) today, a…
Forex News for 4 April, 2023
In March, China's Caixin manufacturing PMI declined to 50.0 from an eight-month high of 51.6…
Forex News for 28 March, 2023
In April, U.K. retailers saw positive sales expectations for the first time in seven months,…
Forex News for 22 March, 2023
Over the last 24 hours, global stock markets have seen an upward trend, with the…
Forex News Roundup for 15 March, 2023
Yesterday, Bitcoin's price reached a nine-month high of almost $26,500, but it has since experienced…