Forex News for 21 Feb, 2023
- The Reserve Bank of Australia’s meeting minutes reveals a more hawkish slant in monetary policy since the Bank had previously discussed raising interest rates by 0.50%.
- The minutes stated that additional increases were anticipated over the upcoming months and that the Interest rate was still at a low level.
- The outlook for the Australian economy is generally positive, but the fact that CPI is rising faster than both PPI and wage-price inflation raises the possibility of a problem. The AUD/USD currency pair is trading lower and appears negative despite all of this.
- The US dollar is strong and moving up a bit as US Treasury yields keep going up. The yield on 2-year Treasury notes is nearly at a record high.
- The current weakest major currency is the Swedish Krona.
- Certain commodities are doing fairly well, and some of them, like sugar and cocoa, are still rising after making large bullish breakthroughs recently.
- Important Canadian CPI (inflation) data, which will be released later today, is anticipated to indicate a modest reduction based on a month-over-month change increase of 0.7%.
- The RBNZ will deliver its interest rate and monetary policy statement on Wednesday.
Forex News Roundup for 18th July, 2023
Reports from Reuters highlight that the US dollar is at its lowest in one year,…
Forex News Roundup for 13th July, 2023
The market awaits the release of the United States' Consumer Price Index (CPI) today, a…
Forex News for 4 April, 2023
In March, China's Caixin manufacturing PMI declined to 50.0 from an eight-month high of 51.6…
Forex News Roundup for 29 March 2023
The annualized rate of Australian CPI (inflation) has decreased from 7.4% to 6.8%, which is…
Forex News for 28 March, 2023
In April, U.K. retailers saw positive sales expectations for the first time in seven months,…
Forex News for 22 March, 2023
Over the last 24 hours, global stock markets have seen an upward trend, with the…