Forex News for 10 March, 2023
- The Bank of Canada has decided to keep interest rates at 4.5% even though it anticipates that inflation will drop to as low as 3% in the next months, which will weaken the Canadian dollar.
- While being less hawkish than the day before, Fed Chair Jerome Powell appeared before the US House of Representatives, and despite this, the US dollar and rates remained strong, with the US 2-Year Treasury Yield reaching a 15-year high of 5.085%.
- For the first time since 1981, the US Yield Curve has inverted by more than 1%, raising the likelihood of an oncoming recession, but the robust JOLTS job statistics and the ADP non-farm employment change estimate point to a still-vibrant US economy.
- The Canadian dollar is the weakest currency on the Forex market, while the Japanese yen is the strongest, which puts the CAD/JPY currency cross in the spotlight.
- US Treasury Yields have increased as a result of the Fed’s hawkish remarks, with the 2-Year now trading at a fresh 15-year high and likely to soar even higher, providing an opportunity for trend traders.
- Several commodities, like sugar and cocoa, are doing well, and some of them have continued to advance following significant bullish breakthroughs.
- While prices for energy, durable goods, and services decreased, inflation in Canada continued to reduce for the third straight month, falling to 5.9% in January from 6.3% in December.
- The Bank of Canada is optimistic about economic growth and it is predicted that it will relieve the pressures on the country’s products and labour markets. This will enable Canadian inflation to decline to around 3% in the middle of the year, which is required to meet the government’s 2% target.
Forex News Roundup for 18th July, 2023
Reports from Reuters highlight that the US dollar is at its lowest in one year,…
Forex News Roundup for 13th July, 2023
The market awaits the release of the United States' Consumer Price Index (CPI) today, a…
Forex News for 4 April, 2023
In March, China's Caixin manufacturing PMI declined to 50.0 from an eight-month high of 51.6…
Forex News Roundup for 29 March 2023
The annualized rate of Australian CPI (inflation) has decreased from 7.4% to 6.8%, which is…
Forex News for 28 March, 2023
In April, U.K. retailers saw positive sales expectations for the first time in seven months,…
Forex News for 22 March, 2023
Over the last 24 hours, global stock markets have seen an upward trend, with the…