Pepperstone Limited is a forex and CFD broker that is known to provide the traders with the most affordable trading solutions in terms of Forex, CFDs, and Commodities keeping the financial regulations in mind.
The broker offers a variety of trading platforms that includes- MetaTrader 4, Web Trader, CTrader, as well as the mobile applications for Android and iOS. Pepperstone has also recently added an MT5 platform for the traders, intending to provide the traders with the ability to hedge positions with a huge range of tools and indicators.
Pros and Cons
Pepperstone was established in 2010. It is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, and has many offices around the globe. The broker is regulated by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), UK. According to the broker’s website:
- They are processing around $12.55 Billion of trades daily with more than 73,000 traders around the globe.
- The broker has Segregating funds with the tier1 banks.
- You can also avail of the Financial Service Compensation Scheme for around £50,000 if you are a UK citizen.
Pepperstone is the first online broker who proudly introduced the NO DEAL DESK platform. This was done with the purpose to eradicate the conflicts by providing the traders direct access to the liquidity sources in the trading market. The broker has joined hands with more than 33 major banks across the world and an electronic crossing network.
Pepperstone group has its offices in Melbourne, London, and Cyprus and is regulated by the following jurisdictions:
- Pepperstone Group Limited (Registered in Australia).
- DIFC, Dubai.
- Pepperstone Limited, England & Wales.
- Security Commission of the Bahamas (SCB).
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), UAE.
- Markets in Financial Directive (MiFID).
They are registered with four chief global regulatory bodies that require them to meet strict obligations.
Pepperstone offers services in more than 65 countries around the world. The broker also offers over 170 different instruments to trade on with 61+ currency pairs.
However, the services are restricted to a few countries and they are:
- New Zealand
The broker proudly offers several online trading platforms- MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and cTrader. All of these platforms are accessible WebTrader and mobile application for hassle-free syncing across your devices.
Pepeprstone offers only three platforms:
You can use Pepperstone for trading forex and CFDs regardless of your location using MT4 and Mt5 platforms, which are available on most of the devices. These platforms are offered by many reliable brokers and are known to be highly-interactive yet a straightforward platform for trading. You can modify the platforms to suit the method of your style while performing a trade. MT4 and 5 also help you to quickly identify the market and the related movements to give the best trading opportunities around.
Recently, the broker was also awarded as the best MT4 and trading platform provider based on the following factors:
- Offers the lowest spreads while trading on some of the major currency pairs like USD/CAD, AUD/USD, and more.
- It offers the fastest order execution speed along with 15 chart indicators, and 16 smart trader tools to enhance the platform’s functionality.
- There are around 21 viewable timeframes offered by MT5, to provide the traders with access to 38 inbuilt trading indicators.
- MT5 also offers a built-in calendar as well as highly compatible Autochartist and Smart Trader Tools.
- Placing pending orders are just a click away with these platforms.
The cTrader trading platform tends to offer a variety of unique features that includes:
- Highly advanced features to control trade-related functionalities and order fills.
- There is a vast range of comprehensive in-built trading indicators.
- You can get your hands on a detailed analysis to identify the trading patterns along with the educational resources within this very platform.
- They have multi-lingual support that covers languages like French, Chinese, European, and Russian for the traders.
The cTrader is said to provide enhanced modification features within the interface which is combined with an advanced order placing features. You can also access the Webtrader that is generally used as a backup to the above-mentioned trading platforms.
Trading Tools/ Acounts
Pepperstone has 4 types of accounts for the traders. These accounts come with the edge standards account with zero commission. The accounts are as follow:
- Standard Account: This account does not need you to have any minimum deposit. However, you will need to deposit funds to access the account. The standard account is the best for the newbies in CFD Trading. There is no commission and the spreads are considered as good as compared to the Razor accounts (around 1-1.8).
- Razor Account: This account is recommended for the experienced traders. Razor account needs to have a minimum deposit of $200 to start with the trading. The spreads are quite favorable though, and you can avail the benefit from the average spread of 0-0.8%. You might be asked to pay a certain amount as part of the commission. This account works wonders for the active traders having higher volume lots.
- Demo Account: You can access this account anytime you wish to. This is free to access- just go to the demo account section- enter your details and get started. Here, you might need to complete the process in the secure client area. You can also download MT4 or cTrader according to your trading needs. This is again the best recommended for those who want to get familiar with the broker as well as trading, by practicing strategies and techniques.
In case you are new to the forex market, it is natural for you to feel overwhelmed by the number of technical terminologies and order options available, especially when you first execute your trade. Keeping that in mind this amazing broker has taken several steps to create various resources so that you learn and grow exceptionally. Below is what you can expect to have from the broker:
Mirror Trader: Pepperstone offers Mirror Trader, which is a unique feature that allows you to execute automatic trading by using a predefined algorithm for trading.
Forex Guide: Pepperstone’s website including a free comprehensive course with the trading currencies. Some articles are organized based on various skill levels, with services available for the trader.
Webinars: You can also be a part live trading webinars on the YouTube channel of the broker.
Additionally, to these free educational resources, Pepperstone provides both third-party and in-house market analysis and commentary to the account holders.
Pepperstone offers the trader multiple routes as customer service:
- Onsite customer help message: You can fill out a request for support by visiting the broker’s official website.
- By Phone: In case of any issues, you can contact the helpline number 1-300-033-375 and +613 9020 0155.
- Email: This is the most convenient way to contact the customer support of this amazing broker-send an email mentioning your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Fees and Deposits
Several ways are using which you can fund your accounts including a credit/debit card, Skrill, Neteller, and other e-Wallets along with Bank transfer. When making a withdrawal, if you can make it before 9:00 PM, it will be processed on the same day.
If you want o process a withdrawal using a credit card, then you must only withdraw the amount you initially deposited using the same card.
To open an account with Pepperstone, you need to click on the Open Live Account button available on the official website of the broker. Enter the details mentioning your name, email address, and choose a password. You can also create an account using the option- REGISTER WITH GOOGLE OR FACEBOOK.
Once you are done with filling the form, you will receive an email to confirm your account to continue with your application process. Answer some simple questions about your financial status, employment, and experience in the world of trading. Go through the terms and conditions thoroughly including the sections- order execution policy as well as risk disclosure policy. Lastly, verify your identity, you can always choose between the electronic and manual verification offered by the broker.
There are countless reasons why you should choose Pepperstone for your trading needs. But, if you are looking for a broker with well-rounded trading services- Pepperstone is the best place for you. The broker offers tailored accounts to both newbies and advanced level traders. Their customer support is the best, and it also offers a plethora of popular trading platforms.
You can also create a free demo account to understand the broker before making an official move. While trading with the broker, you will feel safe as it is FCA and ASICS regulated- which means that your money is in the safer hands.